by Danielle Leavitt
I’m getting my sweet tooth back after a winter of warm soups and comfort food. I’m craving something frozen, with whipped cream, cookies, and peanuts….like a hot fudge sundae! This Peanut Butter Oreo Icebox Cake takes the traditional hot fudge sundae to the next level. It is easy, NO BAKE, all gluten-free, and I promise you will enjoy it. Have fun with this one! You can use many different toppings like peanuts, strawberries, M&M’s, chocolate chips, and caramel or hot fudge sauces.
- 1 16oz container Cool Whip or other nondairy whipped topping
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter, crunchy or creamy (it is easiest to use a creamier based peanut butter for mixing and spreading purposes)
- ¾ cup fudge sauce
- ¼-1/3 cup crushed peanuts
- 2 boxes gluten free Oreo cookies (I use Glutino brand)
- 8 x 8 aluminum baking pan lined with non-stick tin foil
- Create four rows of Oreos along the bottom of the aluminum pan
- In a separate bowl, mix the Cool Whip and peanut butter until totally combined
- Spread ½ of the peanut butter mixture over the Oreo’s, then top with another layer of Oreo’s
- Drizzle ½ cup of the fudge sauce over top
- Spread on the remaining peanut butter mixture and drizzle on top the remaining fudge sauce
- Crumble all the remaining Oreo’s and sprinkle them, along with the peanuts or other toppings, over the top
7. Place in refrigerator 4-8 hours, or preferably in freezer for 3-4 hours
8. Slice and enjoy!
Spring has sprung, and it’s great to enjoy a gluten-free frozen treat that is so easy to make and tastes great!!!!!