by Danielle Leavitt ’17
Summer is gone and fall is soon approaching, but there is still no reason not to have a great easy and summer-like dessert in the fall! Popsicles have been around since 1905 when a young man named Frank Epperson left soda, water, and a stick in a cup outside on a freezing cold night. He awoke to a frozen pop that he coined the “popsicle.” Many years later and 30 flavors later, the orange creamsicle was born. The creamsicle flavor is orangey, creamy, refreshing, and brings us back to our childhood memories of the ice cream man, the beach, and happy summer days. This recipe for Orange Creamsicle Yogurt Bites is so easy to make, is 100% gluten free, and can be done in a dorm room with only a microwave and refrigerator. You will think you are eating a creamsicle on a stick!
1 ½ cups vanilla yogurt (Chobani, or another gluten free brand)
1 (3 oz) package orange jello
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners to fill all spaces.
- Combine yogurt and orange jello in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Mix well and place into microwave on high for two minutes, stirring after each minute.
4. Fill each cupcake liner about ¼ full.
5. Place into refrigerator until the cups are set.
6. Remove from liners and enjoy!!!
**Optional topping suggestions include whipped cream, any type of candy, and marshmallows.
I hope you enjoy this summer-like treat any time of the year!!!