by Emily Brother ’19
Elvis Presley was famous for many reasons including his odd affinity for Fool’s Gold Sandwiches. This sandwich was originally made from a piece of French bread that is coated in butter, baked, and hollowed out. It was then filled with a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly in addition to slices of bacon and pieces of banana. Here is how you can make your own slightly smaller version of the meal that was fit for The King:
- 1 Bagel
- 5 Strips of Bacon
- 1/2c Peanut butter
- 1/3c Jelly
- ½ Banana
- Toast the bagel.
- Smear the peanut butter on one half of the bagel.
- Smear jelly on the other half of the bagel.
- Lay the strips of bacon on the half of the bagel with peanut butter.
- Slice ½ banana into thin, half-inch pieces and place them on the half of the bagel with jelly.
- Put the two-bagel halves together.