By Dana Ferrante ’17 & Marina DeFrates ’17
Shopping week is often a perilous time of year. The night before it begins, you have the perfect plan figured out: 4 (or 5) classes, no Friday sections, and a nice long lunch each afternoon. Then midway through the week, you’re on the phone with your parents telling them you just cannot get it together for this semester. “Mom, I’m just going to dropout.” Classic.
Choosing can be tough, which is why the Crimson Crave has put together a list of food-related courses for your shopping list. Tough just got tougher…and chocolatier and cheesier.
Check out the lists below for courses running this spring and fall!
- AFRAMER 119x: Chocolate, Culture and the Politics of Food
- ANTHRO 1727: Sensory Korea
- ENG-SCI 24: Flavor Molecules of Food Fermentation: Exploration and Inquiry
- ESPP11: Sustainable Development
- ESPP 90t: Environmental Health: Your World and Your Life at Risk
- FRSEMR 32m: Food for Thought: Culinary Culture in Spain and Latin America
- ITAL 105: From the Book to the Kitchen Table
- OEB 52: Biology of Plants
- RELIGION 1046: Introduction to Religion and Ecology
- SCI-LIVSYS 19: Nutrition and Global Health
- SCI-LIVSYS 16: Human Evolution and Human Health
- ANTHRO 2712: Ethnographies of Food
- ANTHRO 1040: Origins of the Food We Eat
- ANTHRO 2618: The Body in the Age of Obesity
- E&M REASON-22: Nutrition and Health: Myths, Paradigms and Science
- French 127: Talking about food
- HEB 1411: Evolution and Adaption of the Human Diet
- SCI-PHYUNV 27: Science and Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science