Oats!!! Oats are the main ingredient found in granola. But what’s so bad about oats you ask? Oats for gluten free consumers like myself were once considered taboo. The controversy surrounds the fact that most oats were not considered to be “pure” and were processed with a contaminant that people with gluten sensitivity could not tolerate. As the demand for more variety in gluten free foods rise, more research and refinement in the preparation of oats free of any gluten contaminants has become a booming and helpful source of fibrous nutrition for the gluten sensitive or allergic person. One of my favorite frozen desserts contains gluten free granola. These frozen yogurt granola cups are easy to prepare and taste great! They are creamy, sweet little treats that are perfect on a spring day.
- 1 cup granola
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 24 oz gluten free yogurt any flavor (ie Chobani)
- fruit of your choice (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- cupcake holders
- Combine 1 cup granola, 1 Tbsp. melted butter, and 1 Tbsp. honey. Mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with the cupcake holders and line the bottom with equal amounts of the granola mixture.
- On top of the granola mixture, fill each cup with yogurt.
- Top with fruit.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours.
These refreshing gluten free treats can be kept frozen for a quick snack on the go, or for a light dessert after a meal. Oats have never tasted so good, and of course they are gluten free!