With only one week to go before spring break, I’m sure all of us (21+!) could really use a drink right now. Or, you know, after we finish our midterms and papers. Once you arrive at the end of the tunnel that is this Friday, you’ll have really earned it! If you’re looking to celebrate with something other than the classic Border strawberry margs, why not make your own alcoholic slushie?
Whether you are going somewhere tropical and warm, or staying here (which is also surprisingly pretty temperate), these easy-to-make, raspberry and gin slushies will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- A blender
- 2 1/2 cups ice cube
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup(s) sparkling water
- 1/2 cup gin
- 6 to 8 tablespoons granulated sugar (depending on the sweetness of your berries and your sweet tooth)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 10 ounces fresh raspberries, frozen
- In a blender, combine ice, sparkling water, gin, sugar, lime juice, and frozen raspberries.
- Blend until thick and smooth.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Note: this recipe makes 6 standard drinks and can easily be doubled (or tripled, depending on how rough your midterms were this week).
Recipe courtesy of Joy the Baker.