by Dana Ferrante ’17
It’s Wednesday at 12:10pm. You’re in the servery. Well, it’s not just you, but about 30 other people who decided to eat at 12:10 just like you did. (How inconsiderate of them! #butactually.) First the trays run out, then the forks, and finally, your patience is gone.
Then, from the end of the line, you see a mouthwatering mountain of sweet potato fries…Heaven. It’s finally your turn in line, and everything is right with the world.
This d-hall hack is for the days when you want sweet potato fries, and sweet potato fries only. This fry/nacho hybrid is quite simple, low-commitment, and only involves 2 seconds of your precious, between-class time.
- A nice big plate of sweet potato fries
- Cheese: feta from the salad bar, cheddar from the chili station, American/Swiss cheese from the sandwich
- Scallions from the chili station
- If you like it hot… Try some chill powder, hot pepper flakes, anything you can find.
How it’s done:
- Get some sweet potato fries. Pile on any cheese you’d like, some scallions, and anything you can think of that tastes good with cheese and potatoes.
- Throw it in the microwave. 45 seconds will do it.
Dipping Sauce Ideas:
- Sour cream mixed with dill (you know, those spices you always think about using but never do?)
- Your classic fries and ketchup
- Who knows, maybe even mustard